The Government changed the entry regulations for foreigners into Ukraine for the duration of the quarantine
Yesterday, September 28, 2020, by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine № 888, changes were made to the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated July 22, 2020 №641, which establishes quarantine and introduces intensified antiepidemic measures.
In particular, the Government determined that, among other things, for the period of the quarantine it is prohibited to cross the state border by foreigners and noncitizens without a policy (a passport, a certificate) of insurance issued by an insurance company, registered in Ukraine, or a foreign insurance company that has a representative office in Ukraine or a contractual relationship with a partner insurance company in the territory of Ukraine (assistance) and reimburses the expenses associated with the treatment of COVID-19, observation, and is valid for the period of stay in Ukraine.
Among the exceptions which do not refer to this requirement are foreigners, noncitizens permanently reside in the territory of Ukraine, and persons recognized as refugees, or persons who need additional protection, officials of diplomatic missions and consular posts of foreign States, representations of official international missions, organizations accredited in Ukraine, and their family members, servicemen (units) of the armed forces of NATO members and States, and member states of the NATO “Partnership for Peace” program, who participate in arrangements for the armed forces.
In addition, without a policy (a certificate) of insurance, foreigners and noncitizens are prohibited from crossing the control points of entry to the temporarily occupied territories in Donetsk and Luhansk regions, the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and the city of Sevastopol and exiting them.
It has been also determined that persons who are crossing the state border and arrived from the State or are citizens (the nationals) of States with a wide spread of COVID-19 are subject to self-isolation.
The following categories are excluded:
- under 12 years of age;
- arriving in Ukraine for higher education;
- who are citizens (nationals) of States with a high prevalence of COVID-19 and have not been in the territory of such States for the last 14 days or are in transit through the territory of Ukraine and have documents confirming departure abroad within two days;
- officials of diplomatic missions and consular posts of foreign States, representations of official international missions, organizations accredited in Ukraine, and their family members;
- drivers and crew members of freight vehicles, buses carrying out regular transportation, crew members of air and sea, river vessels, members of train and locomotive crews;
- instructors of the armed forces of the NATO Member States and the States participating in the NATO «Partnership for Peace» programme, who participate in the training of units of the Armed Forces;
- cultural professionals at the invitation of the cultural institution together with one person who accompanies each of them;
- persons transporting hematopoietic stem cells for transplantation;
- who have a negative test result for COVID-19 by the polymerase chain reaction method, which was performed not more than 48 hours before the border crossing.