For fifteen years Windrose Aviation Company has passed the path of transformation from an aviation broker to the largest Ukrainian charter airline with high standards of service.
Currently, the airline is carrying out charter programs and regular flights from the Boryspil airport, as well as from almost all the regions of Ukraine, using the following types of aircraft: Airbus-A-321 (5 ACFTs ), Airbus-A-320 (1ACFT) and Embraer ERJ-145 LR (3 ACFTs), carrying out planned expansion of the medium-haul fleet. And also business jets from Zhulyany airport are used for the following: Hawker800XP (2 ACFTs) and Hawker850XP (1ACFT). Totally 15 aircrafts.
The share of charter air transportation of the airline in the Ukrainian market is about 60%. Safety of flights is a priority for WINDROSE airlines.
Basic directions of flights:
Egypt (Hurghada, Sharm El-Sheikh, Taba), Turkey (Antalya, Bodrum), Greece (Heraklion, Rhodes, Corfu, Kos, Chania), Spain (Barcelona, Girona, Malaga, Alicante, Canary Islands, Tenerife), Cyprus (Larnaca), Croatia (Dubrovnik, Split, Pula), Montenegro (Tivat), Bulgaria (Sofia, Varna, Bourgas), Romania (Bucharest), Ukraine (Dnepr), Italy (Rimini, Forli, Venice, Brescia), United Arab Emirates ( Dubai, Sri Lanka (Colombo), Austria (Innsbruck, Salzburg), Finland (Rovaniemi, Kuusamo, Kajaani, Kittila) and others.
The main historical aspects of the airline
Windrose Aviation Company was registered on October 28, 2003, and in late 2007 received an operator's certificate.
Windrose Aviation Company:
- is the first airline in Ukraine, which began to operate flights with the basing of aircraft in various airports of Ukraine;
- Since 2003, the airline has been carrying out charter flights to Europe and the Middle East;
- 2008 – company carried out for the first time in Ukraine the operation of Aircraft B737-800NG (on the basis of "wet leasing");
- in 2008, the livery of two aircraft of the airline, namely: McDonnell Douglas MD-82 | UR-WRB and UR-WRE, for the purpose of popularizing Ukraine in the world are decorated for national reasons using designs of the famous Kiev artist Svetlana Lopukhova
- Since August 2008, Windrose Aviation Company has started regular flights from Kharkov to Istanbul, and from the beginning of November - from Kiev to Moscow, Tashkent and Kaliningrad;
- in 2009 Windrose Aviation Company announced the opening of a new airline service on the route Kiev-Simferopol-Kiev;
- In the beginning of the year 2009, the fleet consisted of two MD-82, two MD-83, one Aн-24, two Boeing 737-800;
- 2009 - the company for the first time in Ukraine carried out the operation of the Aircraft E195 by its own crews. In order to continue popularization in the world, the liveries of two Embraer 195 were decorated with images of the most famous monuments of Ukrainian architecture, namely, the Cathedral of St. Sophia in Kiev and Kamianets-Podilskyi Fortress;
- 2010 - company introduced a new stylish and modern corporate uniform for pilots, flight attendants and ground service workers, developed by the well-known Ukrainian designer Andre Tan;
- 2011 - for the first time in Ukraine, the company began operating the A321 aircraft of the Airbus family
- from March 1, 2011 that year the company went to servicing in the new modern terminal "F" of the airport "Borispol";
- Since May 2011 the company introduced a daily program of flights on the route Kiev - Antalya - Kiev;
- in October 2012 Windrose Aviation Company signed a contract for long-term cooperation with the French company Sabena Technics. Sabena Technology is the leading independent operator of MRO (maintenance, repair and overhaul), providing services to civil and military aircraft operators;
- 2012 - the company went to service at terminal "D" of the airport "Borispol";
- in July 2013 Windrose Aviation Company is the first in Ukraine put into operation a long-range wide-body airliner of the new generation - Airbus A-330, which was assigned the registration number UR-WRQ;
- 2013 – the company introduced a charter program in Dubai from Kiev and Dnepropetrovsk; opened direct non-stop flights to the Dominican Republic (Punta Cana), and direct flights from Kiev to Bangkok by Airbus A330;
- November 2013 - As a result of the Operational Safety Audit of the International Air Transport Association (IATA) - IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA), became an officially registered operator. Successfully completing all the stages of the IOSA standard compliance, " Windrose Aviation Company " was included in the register of IOSA airlines, confirming the airline's domestic and international air transportation up-to-the-mark according to a worldwide recognized standard;
- February 2014 - as a result of a long period of certification and inspections, Windrose Aviation Company received a access for ETOPS 120 flights, and for transatlantic non-stop routes - ETOPS 138 minutes. Each crew member must successfully complete a full course of preparation for ETOPS flights and checks, in accordance with the course program, for the specific type of aircraft and the region of flights. Certification ETOPS 120 means that the aircraft can fly, directing its route at an acceptable distance from the nearest airports for at least 120 minutes to a possible emergency landing, instead of the traditional standard of 60 minutes. On transatlantic flights this standard is not less than 138 minutes;
- from 2014 Windrose Aviation Company opened a new line of activity as an operator, namely long-term leasing of its own aircraft to the foreign airline (ACMI agreement) and had a long-term and successful cooperation with one of the leading airlines of Pakistan Air Blue, using from 1 to 4 aircraft at the same time for two years;
- It is recognized as the best carrier for punctuality, quality of passenger service and brand (including airplane design, a uniform designed by a well-known Ukrainian designer, a flight logbook; meals on board the aircraft, etc.).
Windrose Aviation Company employs highly qualified ICAO and JAA pilots.
Statutorily the amount of pilot's total flying experience is limited to 90 hours per month and 900 hours per year. Pilots receive competitive salary packages, including basic salary, payment for length of service, per diem expenses and 52 days of annual leave. Most Windrose pilots are citizens of Ukraine.
Windrose Aviation Company delivers training (initial, periodic and training system) with outsourcing of third-party companies (SFTC Sofia, IFTC Istanbul, etc.). Training is conducted on the permanent basis, with the purpose of implementation of the most workouts in off-peak (late autumn and early spring) months. Airbus also conducts A321 Tape Rating training.
Windrose Aviation Company implements a safety management system in accordance with the requirements of ICAO (Document 9859 AN / 474, 2009) and is an operator certified by IOSA.
The fleet renewal program is an important part of the airline development strategy. Thanks to the new delivery of aircraft, the company focuses on the transition of the fleet to the Airbus family. This transition allows us to offer a higher quality, more consistent product, allowing Windrose to optimize its operations around a common platform.
The transition to a more homogeneous fleet has significant operational, financial and competitive advantages. Thanks to this, Windrose improves the efficiency of its operations, reduces unit costs and offers an improved and consistent product for the customers.